Research Target Audience My target Audience for this game is based on the age group, 16+. I have chosen this target audience as it allows me to apply the desired content without criticism that it has been exposed to an under aged age group for the game. My target audience has a high percentage of gamers, and the age group as a whole tends to have an open mind about things they have never experienced before, or are generally happy to give there feedback from their own personal experiences from my FMP topic. Character Design Hell boy is a character that for minimal

Fmp research t1

Embed Size (px)

DESCRIPTION

Citation preview

Page 1: Fmp research t1

Research

Target Audience

My target Audience for this game is based on the age group, 16+.

I have chosen this target audience as it allows me to apply the desired content without criticism that it has been exposed to an under aged age group for the game.

My target audience has a high percentage of gamers, and the age group as a whole tends to have an open mind about things they have never experienced before, or are generally happy to give there feedback from their own personal experiences from my FMP topic.

Page 2: Fmp research t1

Character Design

Hell boy is a character that my fmp design is strongly based around. The character that I have been commissioned to design is a good fit to be tied in with this character. The design of the character is not fully based on this character; there are also other images of characters that I have taken

Inspiration for minimal design add-ons

As anime and manga is one of my favourite art forms in the character design aspect of things, I wanted to tie in some creative anime and manga design features, whether it’s a key factor of the design, or just a subtle add on.

I have chosen this design for inspiration for my fmp as it has a wide range of design features that I can take and add to my fmp character design.

I also like the anime it was taken from and give massive credit to the art designers in this anime, as they show a lot of detail to observe.

This image represents what I would like the home planet of my character to look like if the game was made. The character had to abandon his home to planet due to chaotic future warfare, which eventually took it’s toll on the planet. Pollution increased everywhere, cities burned due to riots, animals died due to scavengers hunting for food. Until eventually there was nothing left to take, and nothing to destroy, apart from the planet itself.

Page 3: Fmp research t1

+ =

Page 4: Fmp research t1

Epic Games Research

Epic Games was founded in 1991, and are best known for their involvement with the creation of the Gears of War and Unreal Tournament franchises. I have chosen to accept the commission from this company as I have a firm idea of their ambitions for this project.

I am a big fan of epic games and their products, so I have a good idea of what I am going to be doing in the process of completing the work to the client’s expectations.

I have done research of 3 games that can be reviewed to get a better idea of how I want my game to look. I

I have chosen to research one of the most popular games of all time on the Xbox and Xbox 360, Halo.

I have also chosen to research Crysis and Gears of War, as these two games will be used as inspiration for the core elements of the game.

This research will be included in the page below.

Page 6: Fmp research t1

I used these question to get some information from people that I wasn’t sure about, like the camera style, how much I should sell the game for, and other aspects of in-game content.