Tumblr 101Javier Cortes
This is Tumblr 101• What is Tumblr?• How those is work?• Getting Started with It?
What is Tumblr? • Tumblr is a microblogging platform and social
networking website.• It emphasizing in a short-form blog, named a
"tumblelog." • Users can follow other users' blogs, or their
favorite tags. • It can also be used in any device from IPhones to
How does it work?• Tumblr lets you effortlessly share anything. Post
text, photos, quotes, links, music, and videos, from your browser, phone, desktop, email, or wherever you happen to be. You can customize everything, from colors, to your theme's HTML.
Getting Started• Tumblrs easy to use
platformsallows you to create your blog and start bloging in less than 2 minutes.
• When you arrive at the main page just enter your email, desired password and desired URL. And your done, in less than 2 minutes you created your account.
Creating your first Post• Lets start by
creating a simple quote. For this just simply click on quote.
• Write the quote you desire.
• When your finish hit create post and your done.
• Now your going to see your quote posted.
Now lets add tags and people.• On the right side will have a
column with multiple options.• Here you can add friends and
tags, once you add those you are going to be able to see posts made by friends of related posts with those tags.
Adding A Friend• Just add their URL, username or email. And hit
follow and now your going to be able to see their profile and their posts in your dash board.
Using tags• If you like something, search for it using tags.• If you find something you like reblog.
Rebloggin• Like it, reblog it
by hitting reblog on the top right of the post you like.
• Once you do you'll be here, now write your caption and hit Reblog Post.
• Now your post is in your profile.
Customizing your Profile• For you to edit
your preferences click on the gear symbol.
• If you just want to edit the way your profile looks, click in customize your blog.
Setting up the Themes• To start
customizing your profile, you can choose from an array of themes or you can make it in html.
• And more stuff, be creative.
Now You have successfully used Tumblr completely. Now start blogging!