The Wonder Of Cave
Embed Size (px)
Text of The Wonder Of Cave
- The Wonder of Caves
- What is a cave?
- A cave is a natural underground chamber which has an opening to the surface.
- Can be on land or even under water
- Caves can be found in mountains, under the ocean and even among ice glaciers!
- Famous Caves around the World
- Dragons Lair cave in Europe is famous because scientists found fossils of cave bears that lived 50,000 years ago.
- Blue Grotto is on the Island Capri in Italy.
- Waitomo is another cave in New Zealand
- Dragons Lair Cave - Europe
- The Blue Grotto Capri, Malta
- Caves can be made of ice too!
- Waitomo New Zealand
- Icicle shaped of rock hang from the roof of a cave.
- Look like stalactites, but grow up from the floor of a cave.
- Spelunking (or Caving)
- A sport where people explore caves using a variety of equipment.
- There are spelunking clubs all over the world and these clubs explore different caves together.
- Pictures of Spelunking
- Cavers wear special equipment when exploring.
- Headlamps, safety helmets and boots are just
- some of the gear needed when caving.
- Cave Diving
- Is similar to spelunking, but involves the use of special underwater equipment.
- Cave Safety
- If you are going to explore caves on your own, take
- these basic caving precautions:
- Wear a helmet with a chin strap
- Take some energy food along
- Tell someone where you are going and your estimated time of return.
- Wanna go caving?