7. Design architecture above the cloudAbstracts the architecture to above the IaaS.Cloud Management!
8. Abstracts and standardises the clouds Elevates: Configurations APIs Automation behaviours Access control Billing and governance MonitoringCloud Management!
9. Control planePublic Clouds!Resource poolsCloud Management!Private Clouds!
10. Single pane of glassAccess control" Conguration"Public Clouds!Resource poolsCloud Management!Unied API" Automation"Billing and governance"Private Clouds!
11. How RightScale adds to AWS Conguration"Common capabilitiesFrom RightScaleAutomation"Governance"Global"Services" Provisioning Marketplace Support for Chef & Puppet Monitoring Alerts Auto-scaling User permissions Detailed cost reporting 9 regions on 5 continents Solutions architects 24x7 support Integrated version control Multi-region Pre-built HA architectures Support for Powershell and scripts Application organisation One-click cloning Advanced orchestration Run scripts in mass over fleet Unified API for all clouds Auto-scaling on hybrid clouds Control SSH access (userlevel) EC2 SSH key management (instance-level) Audit histories Cost forecasting Private cloud support Public clouds in other countries Unified multicloud access, cost and usage reporting Provides images for all regions, clouds and OS End-to-end engineering Application migration: virtual to cloud Strategic consultingCloud Management!
12. planforcloud.comCloud Management!
13. #Example implementations
14. Australian client A$30B+ revenue 500+ applications and 600+ staff in IT Hybrid cloud: AWS & CloudPlatform Purpose: Agility Cloud first strategy Cost reductionCloud Management!
15. Self-service portal for end-users"Web interface for service designers and system administrators"RightScales Unied API"Service catalogue"Cloud Management!Billing and governance"
16. No change to IT framework: firewalls, DMZ, internet access, operating system and security remains the same for cloud or non-cloud servers. Intend to move 1000+ Windows and Linux VMs within 3 years Why RightScale? Proven ability to move workloads between clouds Governance layer for access control and change controlCloud Management!
17. Cloud Management!
18. Requirements: Public and private clouds Geographic reach Unpredictable demandCloud Management!Solution: Serve Chinese customer website Elasticity with auto-scaling Consistent configurations
19. New delivery models Requirements: Large scale, 3M+ students Single-tenant SaaS Multi-cloud Fast customer onboarding Solution: Consistent dev and production environments AWS and Rackspace Ability to easily pilot and testCloud Management!
20. #How to transition into cloud
21. Hybrid has complicationsTechnical differences API Network Hypervisor Storage Latency between tiers and cloudsCloud Management!
22. Governance Securing traffic User identity Access control Billing and meteringCloud Management!
23. RightScale helps move up maturity curve High Continuous OptimizationMaturityApplication AutomationDynamic workloads HA Production SDLC Test/Dev to ProductionService-oriented design Self-healing Auto-scalingMulti-CloudServer AutomationUse of templates Code once, use everywhere Governance BC & DRLaunch servers via scripts, Chef, Puppet, PowerShell, bashProvisioning Time Launch through OS Image BootstrappingLowValue to Business Cloud Management!High
24. Cloud migration, optional DevOps Your current stateTransitionWith RightScale Public or private cloudVirtualised serversSubject to traditional change control and governanceCloud Management!Separate static vs dynamic applicationsUsing familiar virtual machine image managementDeployed by DevOps, with control and governance
25. ServerTemplates Dynamic configuration Abstract role and behavior from cloud infrastructure Cloud agnosticImageCloud Management!
26. Expert Services for Where You Are StrategyDesignBuildOperateCloudSight Implementation Support Expert Advisor TrainingCloud Management!
27. How to get started We can evaluate RightScales fit with your goals and technical environment Get in touchGiri Fox email@example.comCloud Management!
28. #Thank youGiri Fox firstname.lastname@example.org @girifox