The expectation is that the speaker stands at the front and therefore how do feel when that rule of expectation is broken? Something you expected to happen; has not.. And this is the theme we are going to explore now. When does broken expectation become strange, odd, unusual or creepy.espically in relation to your identity and data. And how quickly do you become comfortable with the new format. My bet is slide 3
1. Presentation given at DigitalShoreditch for Identity Day: 25th May 2012http://digitalshoreditch.com/identity/ You will need to read the notes to understand this presentation..
2. Remit : something that is not in You may want to read the notes to understand this presentation..
3. You as a professional You as a one of 7 bn people You as a persona
4. RISKTRUST EXPECTATIONPRIVACY IDENTITY
5. There is no one model of IDENTITY that will satisfyeveryone, in all cases, in all places Observation 1
6. From You With some complexity in the middle Observation 2
7. There is no model of TRUSTthat will satisfy everyone, in all cases, in all places Observation 3
8. USIt is aboutTR T Observation 4
9. There is no one model of PRIVACY that will satisfy everyone in all cases andprivacy law is confused with sharing Observation 5
10. There is ONLY ONE model of PRIVATE and that is what goes on inside your head Observation 6
11. complexity is created as we balance our individualism withprofessionalism and citizenship Observation 7
12. So tell me something I didnt know
13. QuestionsHow is All Data and My Data related? Do you believe that everyone has the same opinion as you?
14. The Righteous model The Visionary model The Idealistic model The Evolution model The Private model The replication model6 models for ALL DATA and My DATA
15. QuestionsHow are My Data and Identity related? Do you believe that everyone has the same opinion as you?
16. The Related model The Inseparable modelThe Subset model The Multiple Me model The GreaterThan modelThe 5 models of My Data and Identity
17. QuestionsHow are My Data and My Rights related? Do you believe that everyone has the same opinion as you?
18. The Extension model The Control model The Right model The Real modelThe 4 models of My Data and Rights
19. Dont get bogged down in trying understand this
20. Work out your own attitude towardshow you want your own data to be treated; first!
21. Work out your companies attitude towards your personal data; second
22. Work out your companies attitude towards your CUSTOMERS data; third
23. Articulate your perception ofcreepy in terms of the gaps in expectations
24. Identity I believe that fade*, Trust Privacy therefore I consider that your network** edge (influence, recommendation, reach) is defined by a propensity to take risk.* Fades: hard (technical, permission, certificate) and soft (time, relevance, reach)** Network: widest possible sense: physical, six degrees, payment, access, codes, influence, reach, recommendation, LogIn, ID, FoF,
25. our frustration is that those withlower risk have higher authority and that limits our own personal reach, scope, creativity and aspiration
26. and our annoyance is created bythose with a higher risk propensityand a-can-do attitude that want to take us beyond our own boundaries of expectation.
27. Your data is a commodity & ownership is unimportant. Value will be retained by those who can get deep & dirty in thetransformation of data to create value & can marry complexity with uncertainty In the new kingdom, loyalty is dead, privacy is a setting, trust is thechallenger, the princes are brands, the princesses are simplicity, attention is queen, data is king and creepy is our political foe