Delivered to homes each month :: Issue No 16 :: Sept/Oct 2010
for loss, damage or omission caused by error in the printing of an advert. All artwork is accepted on the strict condition that permission has been given to be printed
endorse any material included in the publication. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in any retrieval system or transmitted in any form - electronic, mechanical, photocopying or otherwise - without the written permission of the publisher. Details upon request.
contactus:0845 303 9414enquire or comment about our services - email: email@example.com
Pete & Clare
02 Devlin Wholesale Carpets & Flooring04 Aldridge Windows05 Beautilicious Tanning &Beauty06 Get Extra Cash for Your Gold/Plumbing & Handyman/JPCleaning07 Blakes Conservatories/Steves Plastering08/09 Business Pages10/11 Grand Designs Live Competition12/13 Norton Bathrooms/Perfect Kitchen Designs/James Windows14 Roskell Davies/The Small Room UK15 Charles Church Property16 P &P Landscaping17 Dream Kitchens & Bathrooms18 Halpin Plumbing/Premier Garage Doors/The Loft Company/REBPlumbing19 No 1 Currency exclusive offer20 Brittania Pine21 Inside & Out Property Maintenance/Codeword22 ASGElectrical23 Warmsafe/JDR Driveways/REB Plumbing/UKLoft Company24 Adam Askey Roofing and UPVC specialists
to advertise here call Pete 07946026060
Welcome to the September / October issue of our Sutton Coldfield issue.In this issue, we have a great offer for you to save some money on Gardening, Beauty along with a FREETICKETS competition for the Grand Designs Live at the NEC in a few weeks on pages 10 & 11. We areattending the NEC over the 3 day event recording the highlights for our youtube.com/getOutabout TVChannel. Do you have an event that we need to hear about? We are here for you, our community.
We have found a great new offer for you to get when you search online. You may like most usegoogle.co.uk, which will list a group of sponsored links (Paid for ads). Google.co.uk will not search for thelowest prizes, but l have a gift for you, go to our new site watch the video and if you want, GET THE FREEApp. What this will do is find your search item, TV, handbags etc, and it will list sites that are cheaper thanthe sites google.co.uk will find. How cool is this!! we recently saved about 99 pounds on a TV we were looking for, and all for FREE!!! Go and see www.myshopping.com/outandabout and GET THIS APP.
04 to advertise here call Pete 07946026060
Business news, ever thought about starting up? then come to us
Plumbing & HandymanServices
Plumbing & HandymanServices
Qualified Plumbing work done to Water Regulation Standards, small jobs to large jobs.
Central Heating Upgrades & Repairs.
Taps, Cylinders, Radiators, Cisterns, Leaks etc, Water Pumps, Valves.
Bathrooms & Showers. Fully Qualified Design& Installation Service. Tiling and complete finishing e.g. Skirting Boards, Painting etc.
Call outs & Emergencies
General Work: Painting & Decorating, Shelves,Locks, Handles, Bolts & Chains, Flat Pack Furniture, Mounting TV Screens, CurtainTracks, Poles & Blinds.
Clean and tidy workmanship at all times
Call Steve on 07947 218648 or 01827 50063
Call Steve on 07947 218648 or 01827 50063
Cleaning carpets,Upholstery,Curtains and LeatherSPECIAL HALF PRICE OFFERS
Normal Price Special PriceCarpets 12ft x 15ft 30.00 15.00Halls, Stairs and Landing 34.00 17.00Curtains Full Length 35.00 19.003 Piece Suite (upholstery)2 seater and 2 chairs 52.00 26.003 Piece suite (Leather)2 seater Sofa and 2 Chair 70.00 35.00
Caring for your carpets and soft furnishings, call your Localcleaning specialist at J.P Cleaning freephone NOW
06 to advertise here call Pete 07946026060
O All plastering work undertaken
Domestic & commercial
Clean reliable serviceO
to advertise here call Pete 07946026060 07
08 to advertise here call Pete 07946026060
HR consultancy with over 20 years experience.
We offer training and support with contracts,redundancies, mediation, TUPE transfersand general workplace issues, helping businesses avoid claims at Tribunals.
Our DiSC, coaching and mastermind sessions allow you to grow your business whilst developing your own skills at the same time.
Passionate about working in partnership with local small/medium sized business clients to ensure business success.
From large groups to individual trainingwe are here to support your business whenever you need us.
For more information visitwww.workingpartnersgb.comor call 07957 882409
Christine Thomas has been working asHR Manager in the Corporate World forover 20 years, and has vast experience of employment related issues.
A Certified NLP Practitioner, and DiSCPractitioner, Christine now runs herown business, Working Partners gb, to help small employers improve their business by developing self-awareness, other-awareness and
situation awareness and by reducing the number of employeerelated issues.
Christine is also a professional networker.
Are you ready to consider bringing your first employee intoyour business? Or do you already have employees?
One of the concerns most often brought to me is about theContract of Employment so I have collated the most oftenasked questions:
Q. As a small employer do I have to have employment contracts in place?
A. A contract is that which was agreed an offer and an acceptance. It does not have to be in writing to be a contract, however every employer is required to producea Statement of Terms and Conditions of Employment foreach employee, and this is often referred to as the contract.
Q. What information has to be included?
A. There is a requirement to include certain basic detail, suchas hours of work, rate and frequency of pay, holiday entitlement, etc. The Employment Rights Act 1996 (ERA)sets out the detail.
Q. What are the consequences of not having a statement of Terms and Conditions?
A. Well if your employees are not clear about the details oftheir employment it can lead to misunderstandings on bothsides and ultimately may cause a problem serious enoughfor the employee to make a claim to the Employment Tribunal (ET). If the terms are clearly set out then everyoneunderstands and there is unlikely to be any future dispute.If a claim for a different issue were made to the ET andthe employee had not been provided with this Statementthe Tribunal is bound to make an award against the employer equal to two or four weeks pay, according to thecircumstances.
Q. Is there a time limit by when this statement should be issued?
A. Yes, the employee is entitled to receive it within 8 weeksof starting the employment, however it does not have tobe issued during the first four weeks, although most employers issue it as part of an induction programme. TIP:Always prepare two copies and ask the employee to signboth so that a signed copy is retained to show it has beenissued.
You can find out more information by visiting www.gov.uk orcontacting ACAS, or if you have particular queries relating toemployment please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
S u t t o n C o l d f i e l d
Be seenin our
Grand Designs Live Birmingham sponsored by npower juice, is back and set to bringthree days of amazing features and inspiration for your home this October
Returning for the fifth consecutive year to the Birmingham NEC, the award-winningGrand Designs Live Birmingham sponsored by npower juice is back, showcasing inspi-rational design, self build, interiors and cutting-edge homewares from the 8th 10thOctober 2010.
Based on the popular Channel 4 TV series presented by Kevin McCloud, Grand DesignsLive brings to life real home improvement projects, cutting-edge design, eco-friendly innovation, and interior design, through a series of live interactive features, across athree day event.
This years Birmingham show will be spread over six different sections which include:The Grand Village, Grand Build sponsored by VELUX, Grand Interiors, Grand Kitchens sponsored by Miele, Grand Bathrooms and Grand Gardens.
With over 500 of the UKs biggest and best brands exhibiting their latest product rangesacross the event, as well as expert advice on everything from planning, designing andbuilding your own home to adding those finishing touches from our Grand DesignsExpert Advice centre sponsored by VELUX, visitors will be able to buy, build and furnisha house, all under one roof.
SIX SHOWS IN ONE - THIS YEARS UNMISSABLE FEATURES INCLUDE:
1. Grand Village: Visit this years spectacular Grand Village hosting a range of full scale sustainable homes and some ofthe most dynamic and cutting-edge architectural design and buildings of the future, all open to the public to viewthroughout the event.
2. Grand Build sponsored by VELUX: The dedicated Grand Build section offers products, advice and services, with everythingyou need to know about the build and home improvement process from planning right through to construction andfittings, as well as advice on green building technologies, and more manufacturers than ever before to help plan yourself-build or home improvement project.
3. Grand Interiors: This years Grand Interiors section has the widest rangeof interior design and style advice than ever, as well as the unique opportunity to shop in the Design Arcade where visitors will see a widerange of leading product designers showcasing some fabulous homewares to add a touch of personality to your home.
4. Grand Kitchens sponsored by Miele & Grand Bathrooms: A showcase ofthe latest and sleekest in kitchen design for all sizes large or small, GrandKitchens offers the largest variety of bespoke and designer kitchens available.
Alongside sits the widest range of luxurious room sets in Grand Bathrooms,offering more variety and styles than any other home show. Come and discussyour plans with one of our experts and theyll show some inspiring ideas, including the latest energy-saving, sustainable technologies to help you findthe best designs to suit your Kitchen or Bathroom plans and budget.
5. Grand Gardens: Surrounded by a range of outdoor manufacturers, thisyears serene Grand Show Gardens showcase the latest in garden design,innovation, planting, furniture and accessories for outdoor living. Witheverything for an urban rooftop to a tranquil green garden, this yearsGrand Gardens has it all.
AWARD-WINNING GRAND DESIGNS LIVE
6. Grand Technology: This years Grand Technology section is once again a must-see. Brimming withgadgets and gizmos this years House of the Future will demonstrate the leading products in homeentertainment, cooking and style to make your home the ultimate entertainment hub.
7. Grand Designs Expert Advice Centre sponsored by VELUX: Bigger than ever for 2010, the extremelypopular Grand Designs Expert Advice Centre offers visitors the chance to come with their plans inhand and gain expert advice from some of the UKs leading Architectural, property, financial andbuilding experts, and interior Designers, as well as opportunities to gain advice from celebrity guestexperts; Kevin McCloud, George Clarke, Oliver Heath, and more.
8. Kevins Green Heroes: In addition, Birmingham will also host the brand new Green Initiative, KevinsGreen Heroes, a selection of some of the greatest eco products on the market to help aid in yourgreen home improvements, which launched in London earlier this year.
9. Grand Seminar Theatre: The regular Grand Seminar Theatre, will also host a number of topical seminars relevant to the Birmingham homes and property community. Focusing on building issues,the latest in green technologies and improvements for the home, and design and interior advice from a wide range ofcelebrity and guest speakers.
10. Live Cooking Experience: This year will also see the Live Cooking Experience where some of Birminghams top chefswill be putting our kitchens to the test and demonstrating how to cook tantalising food to tickle your taste buds.
With annual exhibitions taking place in London and Birmingham, Grand Designs Live is now the UKs leading contempo-rary home show. So if you're looking to make the most of your home, make some improvements, extend your existingproperty, or embark on your own self build, Grand Designs Live Birmingham sponsored by npower juice will provide youwith plenty of amazing ideas to help turn your dream home into a reality.
Grand Designs Live Birmingham sponsored by npower juice will take place from Friday 8th until Sunday 10thOctober 2010, at the NEC, Birmingham. Opening 10am-6pm Friday & Saturday and 10am-5pm Sunday.
Book Tickets NOW! and Save 5, log on to www.granddesignslive.com or call the 24 hour box office on0871 230 5583 and for groups 0844 412 465. + Kids go free.
Standard prices Advanced On the door
Friday - Sunday 13 18
Children Free(aged 15 or under) (when accompanied by a paying adult)
C O M P E T I T I O N C O M P E T I T I O N C O M P E T I T I O N2 FREE TICKETS TO BE WON!!!
Who is sponsoring Grand Kitchens?
Please return your answer, your name, address to
Email email@example.com With theGRAND DESIGN COMPETITION in the subject boxbefore the 30th September 2010, Good luck!!!
Or postal entries address to Out and About Magazines, 63 Blithfield Road, WS8 7NH, on the above details on. Thanks
SHOW RETURNS TO BIRMINGHAM
12 to advertise here call Pete 07946026060
The Largest Showroomin the area
Visit us today!!
Tile Studio available
HUGE SHOWROOM AWAITS YOU!
Why not visit our showroomsto view the wide range of baths,whirlpool baths, showers and accessories that we have on display? We have a huge range of items that we can supply. Our showroom staff will be pleased to discuss all aspects of your installation and advise onyour choices
T: 01543 270 800 Walsall Road, Norton Canes, Cannock WS11 9NS
E: firstname.lastname@example.org www.nortonbathrooms.co.ukOpen 6 days a week
Working Solar HeatingSystem at theshowroom
Energy savings ataffordable prices....
Come and see us
PERFECT KITCHEN DESIGNS 0121 353 3600and
JAMES WINDOWS 01543 275954showrooms inside Norton Bathrooms
ConveyancingHousing Disrepair Claims*
Probate, Wills, Elderly Client MattersNo Win No Fee Injury Claims*
Matrimonial MattersEquity Release
* Insurance Premium may be payable
0121 354 1515 0121 355 1011 0121 355 1018www.roskelldavies.co.uk
661/665 Kingstanding Road, Kingstanding, Birmingham B44 9RH
The smallest room does nothave to cost the earth!!
Small room, BIG Solutions!!
5 year guaranteeon all workmanship
All plumbing, tiling and plastering
Carpentry/ Electrics/Wetrooms/ Karndean Flooring
City and Guilds Certified
rail with all
Call Nick Orgill on01543 303085 or 07825 334078Specialist in bathroom design and installationFree Quotes and advice
14 to advertise here call Pete 07946026060
ALL ASPECTS OF TREE WORK UNDERTA...