online and downloadable free tools for the use in the classroom.
1. Engaging Studentswith FREE WebToolsKay BeamsLakeland Leading EDGE
2. No Experts in THIS room! Keep an open mind Trial and error Dont be afraid to fail!!! If you do something goodShare with others we all need encouragement and support!
3. Collaboration www.Scrumblr.ca Whiteboard type site. Invite others to join Best with small groups (2-3)
4. Collaboration www.bubbl.us Create webs for mapping Org chart like Perfect for brainstorming ideas Not interactive
5. Collaboration www.Scribblar.com Story map idea Use for diagramming or space planning Invite others to join via email! www.scriblink.com www.Twiddla.com
6. Collaboration GOOGLE APPS! Docs Spreadsheets Forms
7. Productivity www.Manymoon.com Google Docs
8. Writing & Literacy www.storybird.com Students can publish their own writing with illustrations www.edublog.com Create a blog that students can view and respond Create a place for daily conversation starters www.blogger.com Another blog tool www.Wix.com Very nice website builder Easy and immediately functional
9. Filesharing www.dropbox.com Save docs, photos, links to the cloud Give others access to specific folders Earn more free storage space by getting others to use dropbox! Use online, desktop, phone app Google docs (of course!) www.Evernote.com
10. Tools to Download (FREE) TrackAx (new version is not free ) www.trakax.com But I have the old installer you can put of a flash drive! Jing (www.techsmith.com/jing.html) Capture screen recording! Camstudio www.camstudio.org Another screen capture program Gimp The best Photoshop knock-off, ever!
11. But wait Theres MORE? www.go2web20.net http://web2012.discoveryeducation.com/web20tools.cfm http://www.slideshare.net/arfontana1/web-20-tools-for-ela- common-core-standards