1. Homonymstheir tothere twotheyre too hear here yourits youreits
2. Homonyms are words that: sound alike are spelled differently have different meanings See examples below:
3. Lets look at some common homonyms!Word Definition Picture their possessive of they (their child) there location theyre contraction for they are Write a sentence correctly using at least two of the above homonyms.
4. More Work with HomonymsWord Definition Picture to direction too excessive; in addition two number Which homonym means very?
5. Its vs. ItsWord Definition Picture its possessive of it is its contraction of it is Rewrite the following sentence using a homonym: The dogs leash is long.
6. Youre vs. YourWord Definition Picture youre contraction of you are your possessive of you Which homonym shows ownership?
7. Hear vs. HereWord Definition Picture hear to listen here location If youre asking someone to come towards you, which homonym is correct?
8. Right vs. WriteWord Definition Pictureright correct; directionIf you are creatingpoetry, whichhomonym is mostsuitable?write to produce words
9. Peace vs. Piece Word Definition Picture peace calm piece part of a wholeFor the two homonymsabove, use the firsthomonym in a socialstudies context, andthe second one in amathematics concept.
10. More Practice with HomonymsWrite a poem, using the following homonyms: there, theyre, their too, to, two its, its youre, your right, write hear, here
11. References/Acknowledgments Microsoft PowerPoint Slideshare Music: Sam Levines Smooth Praise