Despite the popularity of digital advertising, direct mail continues to be a powerful marketing option for small business owners. And in many cases, when traditional is used properly, it can help generate even more awareness about a product or service and find even more customers. During this Small Business Marketing 101 Webinar, we'll explore five key ways direct mail can attract customers. You'll learn how to: • Define your area • Provide more than just an offer • Rule of 7 • Develop a marketing system At Cole Information, we're passionate about helping you find new customers.
Text of 5 Ways Direct Mail Can Attract Customers
1. 5 tips to Attract CustomersUsing Direct Mail 1
2. Session Framework Kurt Johnson Lora Ullerichkurt@postcardbuilder.com Lora.Ullerich@coleinformation.comwww.postcardbuilder.com www.coleinformation.com
3. Session Framework Session FrameworkTips to define your area and target tools.Step-by-step postcard design to drive results. Close with five action points to start on today.
4. BackgroundCole Directory published in 1947.Crisscross directory of addresses & phone numbers.Invaluable information for: Telemarketing Jack Cole, Cole Information founder Debt collection Law enforcementToday, web-based lead generation for businesses.
5. Features: Webinars Articles Buddys Blog Resources
6. Connect with us: Facebook Linkedin YouTube Twitter
7. Youve got mail! Despite: Social media popularity Cell phone explosion Email marketing campaigns Mail is big business: 171 billion pieces of mail processed by USPS in 2010 80% scan direct mail 4.7% growth in 2012
8. 5 Direct Mail Tips to Session Framework Attract New CustomersDirect Mail is more effective with smaller trade areas.It takes 7 impressions on average before a customer makes apurchase decision.Develop long-term marketing systems.Consider the new USPS Every Door Direct Mail program.Perfect postcard design.
9. Define your CommunityList builders arefreeAccurateinformationEasy to use
10. Rule of 7Research Proves 7 impressions Make a Sale: More brand impressions=higher response. The more a prospect sees your brand, the move favorable the impression. Need to be top of mind at the time a purchase decision is being made.
11. Sustainable MarketingCreate marketing systems that work.Test & measure.Rule of thumb: Mail 5,000 pieces Expect 1% response rate (50 prospects) Close 20% responses (10 new customers)Repeat!
12. Ever Door Direct MailNew Product from the Postal Service: Good: 14.5 cent postage, no permit needed, no address needed. Bad: Must be larger than 6 x 11.5, extensive reporting and sorting, limit of 5,000, cant target just homes. Look for other vendors to facilitate service and drive down costs www.EveryDoorDirect.com
20. mLetterQuote LetterPre-Planning LetterIm in your areaJust Listed/Just Sold
21. Five Action Points Define trade area Crunch the numbers Design a campaign Create harmony in your approach Commit & track
22. ResourcesColecommunity.com Resource filled with webinars, videos, a blog and articles dedicated to small business owners grow their business.Postcardbuilder.com Resource based in Minnesota who specializes in direct mail for small business owners.