TEACHING APPROACHES & METHODS
TEACHING APPROACHES &METHODS
1. Learner centered the learner is the primary
2. Inclusive means that no student is excluded from the circle
of learners. - Everyone is in - No teacher favorites.
3. Developmentally Appropriate the tasks required of students
are within their developmental stages.
4. Responsive and relevant means making your teaching
meaningful. - relate or connect your lessons to the students daily
5. Research based your teaching approach is more interesting,
updated more convincing and persuasive if it is informed by
researched. - Get the latest information.
6. Culture sensitive - you are mindful of the diversity of
cultures in your classroom.
7. Contextualized and global contextualized teaching means
exerting effort to extend learning beyond the classroom into
relevant contexts in the real world.
8. Constructivist If you are constructivist in teaching
approach, you believe that students learn by building upon their
prior knowledge. - This is contrary to the tabula rasa of John
Locke. (Students minds are a blank state).
9.Inquiry-Based and Reflective Inquiry based approach is when
the students begin formulating questions , risking answers ,
reflecting on their findings and writers of research reports. -
Reflective teaching as a teaching approach is making students
reflect on what they learned and on how they learned and how to
improve on their learning process.
10. Collaborative this teaching approach involves groups of
students or teachers that are working together in order to
1.Direct and Indirect method -Direct method is
Teacher-Dominated-Indirect method is Learner-Dominated
2. Deductive and Inductive methodsDeductive method you begin
your lesson with a generalization , a rule and end with examples
illustrations.Inductive method you begin your lesson with the
examples , with what is known , you end with the students giving
the generalizations or conclusion.
3. Inquiry method -
4. Problem-solving method critical thinking