- 1. Who We Are . What We Do .
2. Who We Are .
- Resource for Strategic Financial Leadership
- Resource for Experienced Financial Staff
- Small Businesses ($1 - $10 million revenue)
- (Hands on, performing both Controller and CFO roles )
- Larger Businesses ($10 million +)
- (Mentor for accounting staff plus Strategic Financial Input)
- Full-time Interim CFOs and Controllers
- (Qualified professionals matched to your unique needs)
- Financial Professionals for Special Projects
- (You define the project, we provide the right resource)
- Placement of Financial Personnel
- (We only present candidates that match your predefined profile)
4. Executive Summary.
- 18 Professionals on our Part-time CFO Team
- Use Additional Contract Professionals as Needed
- Full Time Recruiter on Staff
- Worked with over 400 Companies in Some Capacity
- Market area: Northern Illinois to Upper Michigan
- Currently Working with about 40 Clients
5. 6. Who We Are What We Do Part-time CFOs 7. Our Part-time CFO Team
- 13 Started with the then Big 8 ( Representing 6 of 8)
- Others: Bendix, A.O.Smith, S.C.Johnson, Oilgear
- Average over 30 Years Experience
- They all bring Deep Real Life Experience
- Maintain a Willingness to Roll Up their Sleeves
8. In addition to a former Big 8 Partner,Our Part-time CFO Team Includesthe Former CFOs of:Ambrosia ChocolateKaukauna CheeseBenz OilMeehan SeawayBrandt, Inc. S.C. Johnson Family OfficeFirstlogic, Inc.St. Francis BankG. Leblanc Corp.Sunbeam-OsterHenri's Food Products The Oilgear Company 9. Visible Smaller Clients: * Current Client American Industrial Direct M.E.Carstensen Construction Badger Exposition Services ONeil Cannon Hollman DeJong CanvasBacks Palermos Cedarburg Pharmaceuticals Schwartz Manufacturing * Converted Products * TeraMedica * Fi-Med Management, Inc. * Ultracoat * Great Lakes Dart * Underground Pipeline * 10. Larger Companies and Unique Engagements: * Current Client+ Hired Part-time CFO Building Committee, Inc. * Natural Ovens of Manitowoc C.A. Lawton, Co. + R.B. Royal C C & N + Superior Die Set Chowning IITax Airfreight Jordan Controls Ultra Tool & Manufacturing * Milwaukee Broach * + Vulcan Lead 11. Our Part-time CFO Team Other Facts
- Longest running client -18 years & counting
- 33 client engagements lasting longer than
- 4 years of weekly involvement
12. Who We Are What We Do Interim Financial Staff Project Resources 13. Interim CFO Assignments:
- American Health Products *
- North Milwaukee State Bank
* Hired their Interim LauberCFO 14. Interim Controller Assignments:
- Sadoff & Rudoy Industries*
* Hired their Interim Resource 15. A Few Examples of Projectsthat can Benefit fromExperienced LauberCFOs Resources : Audit Prep Financial Reporting Projections Account Reconciliations Merger & Acquisition Special Analysis Cash Forecasting Negotiation Strategic Planning Credit & Collection New Venture Start-up System Implementation Divestiture Product Profitability Turnaround Financing Project management Young Staff Mentoring 16. Project Assignments:
- Beacon Health(Integrated acquired company)
- Brewer Company(A/R systems project)
- Brookdale Senior Living(Account reconciliation)
- Gehls Guernsey Farms(ERP implementation)
- Midwest Airlines(SEC reporting)
- Sensient Technologies(Special assistant to the CFO)
- Tax Airfreight *(Margin analysis)
* Hired LauberCFO Resource 17. Who We Are What We Do Recruiting Services 18. Representative Search Assignments: CFO Positions Staff Positions Beyer Construction Bruno Independent Living Cary Francis Group Marcus Hotels & Resorts DCI Marketing Milsco Manufacturing Fullhouse Media Tamarack Petroleum Milwaukee Public Museum West Allis Salvage Tax Airfreight, Inc. Wixon, Inc. 19. What to Expect from a LauberCFO:
- A long-term strategic viewpoint that keeps the business on track.
- A knowledgeable professional willing to ask the tough questions.
- Timely reporting of financial results leading to proactive responses.
- A focus on managing your critical cash-flow position.
- Credibility with lenders resulting in improved relationships.
- An experienced eye looking for cost savings and profit improvements.
- The power of benchmarking your results against other businesses.
- A mentor with definitive answers for accounting staff.
- Access to LauberCFOs broad network of proven resources.
20. The Extra Value of LauberCFOs
- As a firm we are driven to add real value to each client. We only recruit CFOs who share that philosophy.
- Over 23 years and hundreds of clients we have learned how to deliver the Part-time CFO services minimizing the learning curve.
- We are here to stay Our CFOs have been recruited as long term employees. This is their job. They are not marking time while waiting for the next opportunity.
- If something happens to your Part-time CFO, it is not your problem. We find the right replacement, bridging the gap if necessary, saving you time and eliminating the heartburn that often accompanies critical transitions.
- We practice what we preach. We have a strategic plan that addresses both growth and improving the value we deliver to our clients.
21. The Extra Value of LauberCFOs
- Over the years we have learned the subtle attributes that separate good CFOs from Outstanding Part-time CFOs. We recruit professionals with these characteristics.
- Our team meets regularly to capitalize on the synergy of the team.Someone on our team has done it before. We leverage that experience.
- We continually develop propriety tools to improve our service delivery.
- Over the years we have worked with a broad range of service providers. We have learned who the exceptional ones are. Our clients have access to that knowledge base.
- We have a well developed marketing function which allows our CFOs to focus on client service.
- Because of our visibility and reputation in the markets we serve, a LauberCFO brings instant credibility to our clients.
22. Our Consultative Sales Approach
- Learn about their business and challenges.
- Identify areas where LauberCFOs can add value.
- If fit exists, recommend one from our team of CFOs
- Schedule second meeting with Prospect and CFO.
- Layout priorities and getting started strategy.
- Keep in touch with referral source with progress updates.
23. How We Charge:
- Rates vary depending on the nature and length of the engagement, location and resource assigned.
- No minimum commitments. If we add value, client will want us to keep coming.
- If client wants to hire their LauberCFO resource, they agree to pay 30% placement fee.
- Search services generally invoiced at an agreed upon percentage of first year compensation.
24. Thank You! 25. How to Contact Us John.Lauber@LauberCFOs.com414-273-9980 www.laubercfos.com Sign up for our quarterly E-newsletter Tips from LauberCFOs at www.laubercfos.com/newsletter