1. OTS Brainstorm To formulate ideas for your opening sequence To create a mood board to represent your trailer idea
2. Using this guide brainstorm your OTS idea Title: Synopsis of what happens in OTS What enigma codes will you include? Who will your characters be? What are they like? Which locations will you use? What genre conventions will you use? What kind of editing will you use and when? What production companies will you use? If your own, what will they be called? Who will your target audience be? What rating will you give your film and why? (visit BBFC website)
3. Produce a mood board for your OTS What is a mood board? an arrangement of images, materials, pieces of text, etc. intended to evoke or project a particular style or concept. "we put together a mood board with key images and words that best convey the essence of the brand
5. Produce a mood board to represent your horror trailers key concepts Include images, text and material which connote: Locations/ settings Characters Themes Sound MES (colours, lighting, props etc.)
6. Deconstruct your mood board Explain each item/aspect of your mood board. What are the denotations and connotations of each sign and how does it relate to: Locations/ settings Characters Themes Sound MES (colours, lighting, props etc.) What are the meanings behind these images/ text/materials?
7. Homework Complete your mood board and the deconstruction by Friday 30/1/15 Upload it to your blog and be prepared to present it to the class.