This is an e-book created by attendees at Edcamp Philly 2011. Great job!
- 1.Literacy in the 21st Century Edcamp Philly 2011 http://www.flickr.com/photos/brody/4483246/
2. What skills do these kids need to be prepared for life in the 21st Century? 3. Kids need to be taught about intellectual property and fair use
- more resources fromTemple's Media Education Lab
- Copyright & Fair Use Wiki
4. Kids need to know how to create the good questions. (Kathy Schrock) http://www.flickr.com/photos/oberazzi/318947873/ 5. Communicate
- The ability to clearly and effectively get your point across
- The ability to listen to other people's ideas
mage: ' telephone boxes ' http://www.flickr.com/photos/55626503@N00/118272308 6.
- Students rarely read what I suggest to them. Instead, they devour the books that their friends suggest to them (which sometimes means books I think are a wee bit trashy).
This picture is used under a Creative Commons License from Flickr.com by user Star Guitar 7. 21st C Literacy: Practice the skills ofC o l l a b o r a t i o n http://www.flickr.com/photos/35387868@N00/3065903183 http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/collaboration.html / Good design begins with honesty, asks tough questions, comes from collaboration and from trusting your intuition . ~Freeman Thomas @pseudandry 8. Literacy
- Being able to problem solve
Image: ' 3D Character and Question Mark ' http://www.flickr.com/photos/40780016@N02/3914729343 9. Kids need to be able to interpret media messages screen shot from Assignment Media Literacy 10. http://futureofthebook.blogspot.com 11. Joes Non-Netbook video on YouTubeA great portrayal of how kids read in the 21 stCentury. 12. Kids need to know where to find information
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/65555826@N00/1447024668& http://www.flickr.com/photos/61787893@N00/275371357
13. 'Schools should be a mirror of a future society.' Anon http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2523/4153954716_f7d7142f16.jpg 14. These 140 characters might change the world... Photo / Screenshot: Ryan Wassink Twitter:@RjWassink Everybody has a voice Use yours. 15. =ability to read, write and interact across a range of platforms, tools and media from signing and orality through handwriting, print, TV, radio and film, to digital social networks. Transliteracy Research BlogJoyceValenza 16. Digital literacy is a natural language for our students. Source:http://www.saveonlinestore.com/save-online-shopping-store-iphone-Nick-Richards-iphone.jpg 17. http://www.only2clicks.com/pages/joycevalenza/343504 http://sdst.libguides.com/content.php?pid=184760&sid=1556291 RESOURCES 18. What does this mean for classroom teachers? The role of the librarian or libraries in school? http://www.flickr.com/photos/danahlongley/4472897115/sizes/m/