1. The Marcus Graham Project MGP Brand bootcamp2009
2. What is The Marcus Graham Project? The Marcus Graham Project (MGP) is a leadership network with the intent strategically focused on building the next generation of ethnically diverse leadership in the media, advertising, entertainment and marketing industry. This is accomplished thru mentorship, training & development.
3. Who is Marcus Graham? Marcus Graham is a fictitious character in the movie Boomerang. He is likely the first mass-media image broadcast to the urban audience showing the possibilities In the Media, Marketing, & Advertising industry.
4. Areas of Focus Career Development Resume & Portfolio Development * Master Class Brand Bootcamp* Mentorship * Job Placement & Search Assistance * Industry/Consumer Research White Paper Development Research Sounding Board - Campaign Feedback Campaign Development Partnership with corporations & social change initiatives * Current activity
5. Overview of The Bootcamp The brand bootcamps primary purpose is to provide diverse aspirants in the field of advertising & marketing with the exposure and experience necessary to solidify careers within the industry. The camp takes a look at a current social issue and creates a grassroots media campaign around the topic.
6. 2008 Project Client: Rock The Vote Market: Chicago Program Elements: Viral Videos Radio Program PSA Event(s) Community Service
8. The 2009 Brand Your client, Broccoli City, an organic lifestyle brand is interested in expanding to new markets, starting with Dallas, TX. The client would like for you to develop a concept for an campaign introducing their brand into the market. The client is interested in developing a brand campaign inclusive of the following: pop up retail promotion mini-magazine prototype green living viral video campaign pilot for a radio show :30 PSA for the movement including production of original music and celebrity appearances. Mobile Application Web Campaign for Global Community Service Travel Partnership (Globe Aware)
9. MISSIONSTATEMENT The mission of BROCCOLI CITY is to promote good positive thinking and living. There is a critical lack of education in the urban and Hip-Hop community about the Green Movement. BROCCOLI CITY breaks all barriers and is the educating factor. We educate through blogging and hosting green events to generations that are eager to learn new trends, new things to help the environment and staying above that curve. Broccoli City is not just another company, gone green. We are trendsetters that help the earth, on action, one t-shirt at a time. We are by no means tree huggers or radically preaching about the environment but we are leading by example. BBROCCOLI CITY is a way of lifeemphasizing staying fly everyday but also being conscientious of our earth.
10. BROCCOLI CITY represents a diverse group of young urbanites who are practitioners of innovative sustainable development. BROCCOLI CITY celebrates the lifestyle of creative and stylish urban consumers across the world through initiatives in Los Angeles, Atlanta, Washington DC, New York and the World Wide Web. Our online & video content, organic street wear, and events promote a fresh perspective on the Green Movement. BROCCOLI CITY is not a fashion statement; it is a way of life.
11. First Assignment Individual: Define Yourself (choose one image and three words) Additionally conduct a SWOT analysis for yourself Strength, Opportunity, Weakness, Threat Team: Form your agency team Brand Identity Capabilities Team Portfolio Additionally conduct a SWOT analysis for the team Strength, Opportunity, Weakness, Threat Due Date (1st Round 6/15 & Final Presentation 6/23) Presentation Format: Power Point Materials to review: How To Be Black And Get A Job in The Advertising Business Anyway), Why I Started A Small Ad Agency Article (http://adage.com/smallagency/post?article_id=137148) Must seek prior approval to submit presentation in alternate format, request must be delivered in writing
14. Next Assignment Research Project >> Empower Yourself What color is green anyhow? Team: Immersion Sessions with client, Green Dallas & EPA Consumer: Study into the knowledge on what going green means to the target audience Conducted via Twitter, Man-on-the-street videos & Focus Group(s)
Key Mentor(s): Culture Lab
15. Research Report Due: 6/29
16. Presentation Format: Power Point
Must seek prior approval to submit presentation in alternate format, request must be delivered in writing
17. Schedule * Dates subject to change June 15 (week of) Client Download on Assignment June 18 Green Immersion Session (Green Dallas & Environmental Protection Agency Spokesperson) June 22nd - August 1st Campaign Development June 22nd WFAA Visit (Production & Media Sales) June 23 Imaginuity Visit (Digital Ad Agency & Social Media Landscape) June 25 27 Vision & Dreams Conference (Potters House) June 30th - First Round of Concepts due (White Paper) July 10th Putney Swope Dinner & A Movie Night (New Flower Project/Love Fit Food) July 11th Save Hip Save The World July 14th - Second Round of Concepts due (Revised with Pencils/Visuals) July 21 Final Round of Concepts due & approved (Layouts & Story Boards) July 22 - Concept Development August 3rd (week of) Concept Presentation Development August 11th - Final Presentation of concepts to client group August 15th Kick Off Party Dates To Be Confirmed: