Shabbos Youth Programs:
• Shmiras HaLashon (Guard Your
Tongue) for girls in grades 1-6. WILL
• SKIP, 18 months – grade 5, ECD Wing,
9:45am - 11:45am
• Mommy & Me, Mommies with
children 2 years and under, ECD wing in
the Ruach Rainbows classroom, 9:45am
• B’nei BJ, boys grades 2 – 5 with
Lawrence Stroll, Board Room, 10:30am.
• Nine fif-TEEN Minyan, boys and girls
grades 5 - 12, with Rabbi Shalom Yosef
Horowitz, Conference Room, 9:15am.
Followed by their famous cholent
• NCSY Shalosh Seudos with Rabbi
Chaim Neiditch, high school boys &
girls, between Mincha & Maariv, Carson
• Shalosh Seudos with Jonathan
Klein boys & girls grades 6-8, between
Mincha & Maariv, Youth Lounge.
• Avos Ubanim/ Father Son Learning,
Kollel Beis Medrash, 7:55pm. For fathers
& sons of all ages. Each week there is a
child given dvar Torah and a raffle!
(Brought to you by Beth Jacob and
Atlanta Scholars Kollel)
• Daf Yomi, Rabbi Reuven Stein, one
hour before Mincha, Kollel, for men.
• Shabbos Morning Chumash
Shiur, Rabbi Ilan D. Feldman or Rabbi
Yechezkel Freundlich, 8:15am, Main
Shul, for men & women.
• Shabbos Shiur for Men, Rabbi
Doniel Pransky, 10:45am, Kollel.
• 12 Minute Halacha, Rabbi Ezra
Sarna, following the 9:00am Minyan
Kiddush, for men & women. Topic: Does
Prophecy Always Come True?
Candlelighting .......................6:09 pm
Mincha (MS) ..........................6:05 pm
B'zman Minyan (K) ................6:05 pm
Early Minyan (K) ....................8:00 am
Main Minyan (MS) .................8:45 am
9:00am Minyan (DM) ............9:00 am
Nine fif-TEEN Minyan (CFR) ..9:15 am
Adult Beginners (BR) ..........10:00 am
Early Mincha (DM) ................4:00 pm
Mincha (MS) ..........................5:50 pm
Maariv/Shabbos ends (MS) ..7:03 pm
Late Maariv (K) ......................7:13 pm
WEEK OF FEBRUARY 23 - 28
Sunday (DM) ........7:00, 8:00, 9:00am
Mon/ Thurs (DM) ..................6:50 am
Tues/Wed/ Fri (DM) ...............7:00 am
Mon-Fri (K) ............................7:30 am
Sunday (K) .............................1:20 pm
Mon - Thurs (K) .....................2:30 pm
Sun - Thurs (DM) ..................6:15 pm
Sun - Thurs (DM).....following Mincha
Sun - Thurs (K) ......................7:40 pm
Sun - Thurs (DM) ...................9:00 pm
Sun - Thurs (K) ......................9:45 pm
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28
Candlelighting .......................6:15 pm
Mincha (MS) ..........................6:10 pm
(CFR) Conference Room, (CSR) Carson
Room, (BR) Board Room, (DM) Daily
Minyan, (FR) Franco Room in the
Kollel, (K) Kollel, (MS) Main Shul
Rabbi Pransky's Redemption class will not meet this Sunday, February 23rd due
to the Torah Day School Main Event.
Neat of the Week!
This past Monday, a packed Heritage Hall heard and watched a detailed
presentation of the proposed plans for renovation of the Main Shul. The huge
attendance was testimony to the level of interest and caring our community
has for the Shul. People remarked about the level of detail and thought that
went into the planning for the renovation. Thank you to Michael Cenker and
his team for the many hours of hard work that have brought us to this point.
Online you will find a video of the meeting, the slide show presentation
made by Sandy Cooper, architect, member comment card, and dedication
opportunities. You can view them at bethjacobatlanta.org/mainshul.
To Rabbi Fleshel's Emory Maimonides Greek Shabbaton! There are 30
students are from AEPi, SDT, and TriDelt joining Beth Jacob for Shabbos.
Ilan D. Feldman, Rabbi • Yechezkel Freundlich, Associate Rabbi
Dr. Emanuel Feldman, Rabbi Emeritus
Harvey Steele, Executive Director • Joey Fink, President
Mindy Tanenbaum, Preschool Director
Jodi Wittenberg & Tzippy Teller, Co-Presidents, Sisterhood
1855 LaVista Road Atlanta, GA 30329 • (404) 633-0551 • Fax (404) 320-7912
www.bethjacobatlanta.org • facebook.com/bethjacobatlanta
FEBRUARY 22, 2014 • 22 ADAR I 5774
Page Numbers: Torah Reading: page 516, Haftarah: page 1163
Good Shabbos and Welcome!
This Shabbos flyer is brought to you in
loving memory of Marlene Mendel, z"l.
Her light does not go out at night. - Prov. 31
Thank You to Our Donors!
NORMAN RAAB KIDDUSH FUND
• Michael & Sara Carter in memory of Norman Raab, z"l.
• Doris Herzberg in memory of her mother, Esther Klinkostien, z"l.
• Boris & Harriet Koonin in memory of Harriet's mother, Frieda Ween, z"l.
• Yehuda Moshe & Chantza Lawrence in memory of Chantza's mother, Preeva bas
Gedalia Dovid, Beatrice Berg, z"l, on her Shabbos yahrzeit.
• Phil & Liane Levetan in memory of Liane's brother, Norman Raab, z"l.
• Gail Raab, Joey Raab, David & Hallie Chasen in commemoration of the 3rd yahrzeit
of Norman Raab, z"l.
• Friends of Ronda Robinson in honor of Ronda's engagement.
• Rabbi Ely & Malka Landman sponsored the Kollel Kiddush in honor of their new
daughter, Shalva Emuna.
• Ezra Sarna is sponsoring the 9:00am Minyan Kiddush in honor of Gavin Frank &
Jordan Tritt finishing the first chapter of Rosh Hashana and for approximately 250 hours
of learning together.
• Harvey Steele sponsored the Teen Minyan Kiddush last Shabbos, Parshas Ki Sisa, in
honor of Rabbi Shalom Horowitz.
• The Spicy Peach for donating herring trays (pareve) for the Main and 9:00am
• Moshe Bengigi is sponsoring Shalosh Seudos in memory of his parents David &
Simcha Bengigi, z”l.
• Neil & Marcy Kalnitz on being honored this Sunday, February 23rd at the Torah Day
School Main Event.
• Marty & Marcy Karon on the engagement of their son, Aharon, to Olivia Etkind
of Passaic, NJ, daughter of Andrew & Angela Etkind of Zurich, Switzerland, and to
grandmother Eleanor Freemer.
• Rabbi Moshe & Raizie Shkarofsky on the engagement of their daughter, Chana to
Binyamin Clyman son of Rabbi & Mrs. Clyman of Passaic, NJ.
Neat of the Week! Part II
Thank you to Yosef Pankratz for a making the cart for Aron used at the
Nine fif-TEEN Minyan on display this Shabbos! Yasher koach on all your hard
Upcoming Events & Classes
• Building for the Future Raffle. Great prizes! Winners drawn motzei Shabbos
at The Beth Jacob Games on March 1st. Proceeds used to maintain our beautiful
facility. Contact Shul office for more information.
• Monday, February 24 - Shimon Shlomo & Margalit Ovadia Great
Controversies in Jewish History Course. 7:45pm, Heritage Hall. Topic: Jewish
Enlightenment and the Eastern European Response with Rabbi Binyomin Friedman.
• Wednesday, February 26 - PART 2: Beth Jacob Preschool Presents Parenting
Classes with Rabbi Y. 8:15pm, Conference Room.
• Second Class: Effective Consequences: Effective Consequences: 4 steps to
establishing effective consequences to address everyday misbehavior without
leaving you (or your children!) frazzled.
• NEXT Shabbos, February 28 - Carlebach Nusach Minyan! 6:10pm in the Daily
Minyan. Bring in Shabbos with extra ruach, song, dancing and energy. Children
welcome! Thank you to Harry Portman for coordinating this Minyan!
• Motzei Shabbos, March 1 - CASINO NIGHT: The Beth Jacob Games. 8:30pm,
Heritage Hall. RSVP to the Shul office or online at bethjacobatlanta.org/bjgames.
• Wednesdays, March 5 & 19 - Finding Love & Intimacy in Marriage Workshop
with Rebbitzen Miriam Feldman. 8:30pm, The first class will be at the home of
Jessi Ovadia, 1402 Biltmore Drive. The second class will take place at the home of
Shayna Krohn, 1389 Dalewood Drive, no charge. Workshop for women married 10
years or less.
• Shabbos, March 28 & 29 - Save the Date: Scholar-In-Residence with Rabbi
Have Coffee at Kiddush with Peace of Mind!
Many of you have enjoyed having a coffee station at Kiddush since we introduced
it 1 1/2 years ago and we would like to continue it. Concerns have been raised that
children playing near or attempting to use the hot water urns may inadvertently
cause burns to themselves or others. We are looking for volunteers who on a rotating
basis over the course of a month would be willing to informally monitor the coffee
station while having Kiddush to ensure everyone's safety. (Direct parental supervision
of one's own children at Kiddush would also reduce the possibility of accidents.)
Contact Harvey Steele in the Shul office if you are willing to participate.
*Parade BEGINS at 11:00 AM
*Festival: 12:00 NOON – 3:00 PM
*Mr. Michael Music Show -2:00 PM - FREE!!
Arts & Crafts
23rd Annual Purim Parade & Festival
Sunday, March 9th 11am - 3Pm
Purim Festival Volunteers Needed!
Areas of help include: kitchen duty, ticket sales, ride ticket
taking, foods sales, face painting and crafts table. Sign up
with Sybil Goldstein at email@example.com or by
calling (404) 633-0551.